Friday, November 15, 2013

An 80's Baby

This is what I will always be at heart. It seems that now matter how old I get or how my preferences evolve, I will always be an 80's baby. Some days are only started correctly when Nirvana is the first thing on the radio. I don't have a lot that I remember about my childhood. I've blocked most of it out or something. Blocking it out seems like a better reasoning that just forgetting. Forgetting makes me feel old and I know that's not the case just yet. I do remember selective things though.. it's strange the items my brain seems to have retained.

The Candy:
Bonkers, Sixlets, Pop Rocks, Candy Cigarettes, Big League Chew.. there were no concerns of putting too much sugar in candy in the 80's.


The Music:
A sweet combo of Big Hair Bands, true Hip-Hop and the beginnings of Alternative sounds. Let's not forget to mention that MTV aka: Music Television was actually MUSIC Television. Not reality TV.


The Halloween Costumes:
We were set with a trip to Goodwill or some bed sheets and a sewing machine.


The General Mentality:
It was still ok to leave your door unlocked at night or occassionally ride without your seatbelt in the back of a truck.

Oh how I miss a summer afternoon of sitting by the pool eating candies and hanging out with my friends. Some good old John Mellencamp in the background and not a care in the world. Ahhh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And now it's trophies for everyone. Sad.